This is a picture of the repair the son of a neighbor of mine made to a leak in a waterline to a dishwasher.
Yes – it is a wine cork and a gear clamp. You have to admit that he had a good imagination….
It never fails to amaze me how how someone comes up with these sort of fixes – maybe call a plumber??
A few of my tool preferences for work
Any tool that saves time on a job is well worth the time to consider – You can look at it from the point of view that getting jobs done quicker allows for more jobs or more time for yourself.
Here are a few of my favorite tools that I use just about every day in my plumbing business:
Drill – a little heavy, but the battery lasts
Tubing Cutter – probably my all time favorite tool! Milwaukee batteries are horrible however and are usually dead within a few uses. The 18V are alright, but try to stay away from the small 12v batteries if you can.
It is a good thing I have many of these 12v batteries and I just swap from one tool to another as they wear down or completely become useless ( which is more often than you would expect at about $50 apiece!) I have a few that lasted maybe 2 months since new and then were non-chargeable.
Sawzall – a great powerful tool and I love this one because of the 18V battery – I have a couple of corded ones and this is much better.
Pipe shear – Great idea if it would cut without deforming ABS pipe ( and that is with a brand new blade – first cut.)
Faucet nut remover and installer – Much easier than trying to get a wrench in place!
Turbotorch Kit – after years of dragging an acetylene bottle around – I don’t know why I didn’t do this a long time ago! These use Mapp gas cylinders.
Well – an exciting day today. I was replacing a shower with a new bathtub when the contractor on the job started cutting out drywall and the dust set off the Fire Alarm for the entire apartment building.
Only about 4 people actually left the building! I suppose they thought someone burnt their toast. Fire department showed up, checked everything out and left.
Anyways – we got the fire alarm system reset and then had to shut the water to the whole building off to cut off the supply for the toilet as the tub would not fit over the top of the valve.
We got the tub into place and soldered a new line for the WC in place and got the water back on. Not a fun day!